California Dreaming RV Tour (Sequoia, Yosemite)
|★||The departure and destination of the itinerary are for reference onl|
|★||Santa Fe Springs to Anaheim|
|★||Anaheim to Sequoia National Park|
|★||Sequoia National Park to Yosemite National Park|
|★||Yosemite National Park to San Francisco|
|★||San Francisco to Moss Landing|
|★||Visiting the sites around Moss Landing|
|★||Moss Landing to Big Sur|
|★||Big Sur to San Simeon|
|★||San Simeon to Pismo Beach|
|★||Pismo Beach to Malibu|
|★||Malibu to Santa Fe Springs|
Day 1 STOP 1
Santa Fe Springs to Anaheim (12 miles - 25 minutes)
<Itinerary>After picking up your motorhome at Los Angeles location it's just a 15 minute drive south to your first night stop at the Anaheim Harbor RV Park. The campground has a shuttle leaving every 20 minutes to Disneyland so, once checked in, why not leave your RV and you're off for a wonderful evening of fun. Stay for the fireworks then head home for your first night in your motorhome
<RV overnight> Anaheim Harbor RV Park.
Day 2 STOP 2
Anaheim to Sequoia National Park (241 miles - 5 hours)
The longest drive on this trip takes you north, headed for the Giant Redwoods in Sequoia National Park . You'll start by retracing your steps on Interstate 5 and once out of the metropolitan area will have Los Padres National Forest on your left and Angeles National Forest on your right. Just beyond Lebec you will come onto Route 99, headed for Bakersfield (you should reach there a couple of hours after starting your journey from Anaheim).
Bakersfield is home to the largest collection of Basque restaurants in the United States, you may want to stop for breakfast or lunch. Continue north until Visalia where you may want to stock up with food. Then head toward Sequoia National Park. At Three Rivers you will find Sequoia RV & Ranch, just 8 miles from the entrance to the park. Several sites at Sequoia RV Ranch are alongside the river so, when you book, do tell them if you'd like this position. You will probably want to take it easy now: relax on the 21 acre property, swim in the spring-fed swimming hole, BBQ some of that fresh fish you just bought and spend a pleasant evening.
<RV overnight> RV
Day 3 STOP 3
Sequoia National Park to Yosemite National Park (200 miles - 5 hours)
Once you hit route 41, head north through the town of Fresno and then, just after Oakhurst, drive through the Sierra National Forest until you reach the south part of Yosemite National Park.
You are heading for Yosemite Village where there are a number of National Park campgrounds to choose from (www.recreation.gov & www.nps.gov). These websites will not only give you details of campgrounds you can pre-book, but they will also tell you about the amazing things to be seen in Yosemite National Park.
<RV overnight RV
Day 4 STOP 4
Yosemite National Park to San Francisco (195 miles - 4 hours)
You will enjoy 25 more miles of Yosemite National Park today as you head for the Park's west entrance - or exit in your case. There's a lot to see, from the cable cars to the Wharf, so check the website and make a plan!
<RV overnight> RV
Day 5 STOP 5
San Francisco to Moss Landing (90 miles - 1.5 hours)
After a day in the city, enjoy 2 nights at Moss Landing KOA. This will be your base for a tour of the Monterey Peninsula tomorrow, but this first day would probably be a good one for R&R to relax after a couple of long drives. Moss Landing is in the heart of the Monterey Bay Sanctuary. With its fish restaurants, antique shops and art galleries, this really is old-fashioned seaside Americana.
<RV overnight> RV
Day 6 STOP 6
Visiting the sites around Moss Landing （50 miles - 3 hours）
Day 7 STOP 7
Moss Landing to Big Sur (50 miles - 1 hour)
"The Big Sur", one of the most famous and breathtaking stretches of road on the Pacific Highway, bestowed as one of America's Scenic Byways. Take the drive slowly and stop often when you see viewpoints. Check the website and plan your journey carefully. You are going to based for the night at Fernwood Resort.
<RV overnight> RV
Day 8 STOP 8
Big Sur to San Simeon (62 miles - 1.5 hours)
On your journey south today, you may want to stop for a while at Julie Pfeiffer Burns State Park to take the short, 1/3 mile easy walk on McWay Waterfall Trail. It'll take you to an overlook facing McWay Falls, an incredible 80-foot waterfall that drops directly onto the sandy beach. You are next headed for San Simeon and famous Hearst Castle built on land William Randolph Hearst inherited from his mother.
Originally known as "Camp Hill", its wilderness originally offered a place for family members and friends to "rough it" on camping trips.Hearst envisioned more comfortable accommodations, and by 1947 they had created an estate of 165 rooms and 127 acres of gardens, terraces, pools and walkways amidst the 250,000 acres which make up the estate
<RV overnight> RV
Day 9 STOP 9
San Simeon to Pismo Beach. (60 miles - 1 hour)
Today, head south from San Simeon to Pismo Beach and Pismo Coast Village. After about 35 miles you'll come to Morro Bay State Park which features lagoon and natural bay habitats. The bay's most prominent landmark is Morro Rock, The park museum has exhibits that cover natural features and cultural history, Native American life, geology and oceanography. It would be a nice place to make an interim stop, even though today's journey is a short one. Once you get to Pismo Beach, a classic beach town famous for its dunes, it's all about relaxing. Pismo Beach is surrounded by golf courses.
There is horseback riding on the beach, fishing off of the pier, or surfing next to it, and a selection of trails to explore. The spectacular Monarch butterfly groves is on the southern boundary. Alternatively, just sit and look out for whales, otters and elephant seals just offshore.
<RV overnight RV
Day 10 STOP 10
Pismo Beach to Malibu (170 miles - 4 hours)
As you wave goodbye to Pismo Beach, you are heading for one of those iconic California places... Malibu. Who knows, you may even bump into someone famous! You can drive down on route 101 into Malibu or come off the main highway through coastal towns such as Mission Hills, Lompoc or Isla Vista. A stop at Santa Barbara might be fun too. When you arrive at Malibu Beach RV Park your site will have either an ocean or mountain view, so when booking it's worth saying which you'd prefer. Whale watching is a great activity in March, April, October and November and you can watch dolphins all year round. Ocean swimming, body surfing and beachcombing are also favorite activities. And, of course, there's always star spotting either here or in Beverly Hills, just 23 miles away.
<RV overnight> Oasis Resort
Day 11 STOP 11
Malibu to Santa Fe Springs (45 miles - 2 hours)
It should take approximately 2 hours, depending on traffic to get back to the Santa Fe Springs rv rental location before 11am with a full tank of gas (petrol).
*** All prices listed are in US Dollars , Subject to change without notice***
- Pre-Paid Nightly Rental Rates:
- At least a 3 night minimum is required for round-trip rentals. At least a 7 night minimum is required for one way
- rentals. Certain Vehicles, Holidays and Special Events may require a longer rental period. Actual minimum rental period is noted on the weekly rate sheet for each season.
- The Nightly Rental Rate includes Unlimited Generator Usage
- Sales Tax:
- Taxes are due on all charges** and vary depending on the pick-up Location.
- Mandatory Charges: Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter
- Starter Kit: $39.95 per Trip
- Full tank of Propane: The Water Heater; Range (Stove) & Oven; Space Heater and the LPG Setting on the
- Refrigerator & Freezer run on LPG (Liquid Propane Gas).
- Prepared Tank with Toilet Chemicals (1 pack) and Tissue (1 roll)
- Electrical Power Cord
- A/C Adaptor
- Dumping and filling hoses
- Leveling blocks
- Drop Fees are due for One-Way Rentals. Limited Availability. If available, there is a one-way drop fee due.
- Contracts are subject to fees imposed by the State Governments, Environmental Impact fees and Vehicle
- License fees (VLF): [** These fees are not subject to sales tax]
- California VLF: $2.00 per night
- Nevada VLF: 3.5% of the nightly rental rate
- Texas VLF: $1.00 per night
- Florida VLF: $0.70 per night
- New Jersey VLF: $0.55 per night
- New Jersey State Rental Fee: $5.00 per night; 28-night maximum charge
- Virginia State Sanitation Fee: $20.00 per vehicle
- Pennsylvania P.T. Assistance. Fee: $2.00 per night
- Colorado Road Safety Program Fee: $2.00 per night
- Bookings will be confirmed and invoiced immediately by fax or e-mail. No duplicate invoices will be sent.
- Please forward the invoices to your accounting department. Statements available on request only.
- Important: FULL PAYMENT is due 30 days PRIOR to departure, unless prior payment arrangements
- have been made.
- Pre-Paid Miles Packages: There are no miles included in the nightly rental rate. Mileage packages provide
- discounted miles that can be purchased before departure. There is no refund for unused mileage pre-purchased as part of a mileage package.
- Packages of 100 Miles are charged at a discounted price – See rate sheet
- Per mile charge for additional miles traveled over pre-purchased allotment varies by unit type between 32 cents per mile and 39 cents per mile.
- Unlimited mileage option is only offered for rentals of 14-nights or longer.
- Housekeeping Options: Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter. Kit items and quantities may vary by location. Items may be substituted without notice. Items are for rent and must be returned to rental locations.
- Convenience Kit: $55 per person
- Linens for Bed & Bath + Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen Kit: $130 per vehicle
- Cooking Ware + Sanitation Supplies
- Important Note:
- Kit items and quantities may vary by location. Items may be substituted without notice.
- Housekeeping kits are offered for rental at the DEN, DFW, LAS, LAX, MCO, MIA, NYC, ORD, PHX,
- SFO, SLC, SND and YVR offices only.
- Pets are allowed to travel in the motorhomes.
- We no longer charge a Pet Fee; but the RV needs to be returned in its original condition.
- Client is responsible for all pet related damage.
- Standard cleaning charges apply if necessary.
- We Must be contacted a minimum of 7 days prior to pick up with pet transfer request. Transfer restrictions may apply due to size of cage and / or luggage capacity of transfer van.
- Insurance and Coverage Options (conditions and exclusions apply): Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter.
- Renter must present proof of automobile insurance applicable to the rental unit.
- Vehicle Incident Protection (VIP) reduces the Deductible to $1,000 Per Occurrence of accidental damage to the rental vehicle. VIP is $16 per night Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter.
- Rental Liability Insurance (RLI) acts as Primary Third Party Liability Insurance up to the required financial responsibility limits. RLI is $13.50 per night Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter. RLI is available for purchase at all rental offices except those located in Colorado, Florida and Maryland.
- Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) is Additional Third Party Liability Insurance up to $1,000,000. SLI is $15.00 per night in all States Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter.
- Mexico Auto Liability Insurance (MALI) is required protection which must be obtained from El Monte RV for the specific dates that the motorhome will be in Mexico. MALI is $22 per calendar date that the motorhome will be in Mexico. Cannot be pre-paid; only Paid at Counter.
- Reservation requests:
- Reservations can be made via fax 626-289-8653, email [email protected], or call us 626-289-8587 for details
- Every effort will be made to answer your requests within 24 hrs. Pacific Standard Time, excluding weekends and holidays.
- One-way and long-term requests may take 48 hours to confirm.
- Upon confirmation a contract number will be issued. Any correspondence on a specific client or booking will require this contract number.
- Reservation requests must contain:
- Customer’s last and first name, home address and e-mail address.
- Pick up and return date.
- Pick up and return station (specify airport code).
- Mileage option being booked.
- Number of persons (important for transfer and personal kit preparation).
- Size and type of motor home.
- What charges will be prepaid.
- Customer hotel.
- Group reservation requests:
- Special group rates are available.
- Requests for group bookings should be made as early as possible.
- A group consists of 5 or more motor homes. The Value Rates are not valid for group bookings of 5 or more vehicles. Please contact us for special group rates.
- Cancellation Fees / Changes / Long Term Discounts
- Over 45 days prior to departure …...………………………… $ 0 (no fee)
- 44 to 16 days prior to departure ……………….…………… $ 350
- 15 to 1 days prior to departure ……………………………… $ 700
- Departure day and No Show …………………………….…. Full Rental *
- One-way rentals…………………………………………….. $ 200 (in addition to applicable fee)
- A clients who declines vehicle at departure is classified as a ‘Departure Day’ and not eligible for any refund.
- Cancellation of Group Reservations: per booking
- Over 90 days prior to departure…………………………………… $ 100
- 31 to 89 days prior to departure…………………………………… $ 200
- 30 days or less prior to departure …………………………..…… $ 500
- Changes to Reservations
- Changes may be charged $50 per change.
- The following changes will result in a re-calculation of Value Rate. The rate will be calculated using the most current Value Rate and compared to the existing Value Rate the higher rate will be use.
- Change of party name
- Change of vehicle size
- Change of departure location
- Change in departure date
- Cancellation and rebooking
- Change in drop-off date
- Change in one-way drop-off location
- Once confirmed, the following changes will not affect the Rental Rate:
- Change in party size
- Adding pre-paid items.
- Miscellaneous Rental Items: Only offered at offices in: Dublin, CA; Ferndale, WA; Las Vegas, NV; Linden, NJ; McKinney, TX; Orlando, FL; Santa Fe Springs, CA. Items available on a first-come-first-served basis only; they cannot be reserved, pre-paid or guaranteed, only requested.
- Toaster ($8 each)
- Coffee Machine ($10 each)
- Folding Chairs ($12 each)
- Snow Chains ($20 each)
- ONE-WAY RENTALS
- One-Way Rentals are on request only - No Free Sale. Prices are in US dollars. One-way fee is determined by where the desired Pickup and Return locations’ row and column intersect. For example, one-way fee from SFO to SLC is $350; from MIA to ORD it is $800.
Motorhome Takeover - Security deposit of $1,000 by Master Card/Eurocard, Visa, American Express or Discover Card is required.