Best of Wild West RV Tour (Yellowtone, Mt. Rushmore, Jackson)
The departure, destination and days of the itinerary are for reference only.
|★||Cheyenne to Hot Springs|
|★||Hot Springs to Mount Rushmore|
|★||Mount Rushmore to Devils Tower|
|★||Devils Tower to Sheridan|
|★||Sheridan to Cody|
|★||Cody to Yellowstone National Park|
|★||Yellowstone to Virginian RV Resort, Jackson, WY|
|★||Jackson to Rock Springs|
|★||Rock Springs to Rawlins|
|★||Rawlins to Estes Park|
DAY 1 STOP 1
Denver, CO to Cheyenne, WY （127 miles - 2 - 3 hours）
Head north out of the city and gradually realize you are heading into different territory. Approaching Cheyenne, you will find it very much a Victorian town with red brick buildings along a wide main street. You may want to consider staying at the Terry Bison Ranch Resort or the WYO Campground for this evening.
<RV overnight> Terry Bison Ranch Resort or the WYO Campground
Day 2 STOP 2
Cheyenne to Hot Springs (278 miles - 4 - 5 hours)
Travel into Nebraska via Scott's Bluff National Monument and Chimney Rock on the way to Hot Springs, South Dakota. Both were welcoming navigation landmarks along the wagon trails to the west. As you come into Hot Springs, do look out for 'Evans Plunge' or one of the other freshwater, naturally heated, swimming pools that give the town it's name.
<RV overnight RV
Day 3 STOP 3
Hot Springs to Mount Rushmore （66 miles - 1 hr 30 min. plus stopping time）
Quite soon you will enter Wind Cave National Park by the south entrance and, as you leave through the north entrance, you come straight upon Custer State Park. A highlight may well be a herd of buffalo in the road! In both parks you'll want to stop along the way. Exit to the town of Custer then go north to the highlight of your day: Crazy Horse Memorial - the world's biggest sculpture which is over 60 years in the making. Sculptor Korczak Ziolkowski and Lakota Chief Henry Standing Bear launched the Crazy Horse Memorial in 1948. The memorial's mission is to honor the culture, tradition and living heritage of North American Indians. For this evening you may want to consider staying at Rushmore Shadows Resort in Rapid City or Heartland RV Park & Cabins in Hermosa.
<RV overnight RV
Day 4 STOP 4
Mount Rushmore to Devils Tower (128 miles - 2 hrs 20 min. plus stopping time)
First point of call today is 6 miles away - the Mount Rushmore National Memorial. Linger for a while before moving on to Deadwood; the whole town is a protected National Historic landmark. Look out for the Old Franklin Hotel and, if you walk the back streets, some lovely original Victorian houses. Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane lie close in the town cemetery. Next on your route should be the breathtaking falls of Spearfish Canyon before crossing back into Wyoming and advancing to Devils Tower 59 miles further on. It has a mighty status: President Theodore Roosevelt proclaimed Devils Tower the first national monument in 1906. We suggest you stay at the Devils Tower KOA.
<RV overnight> RV
Day 5 STOP 5
Devils Tower to Sheridan (168 miles - 3 hours)
Stop at Keyhole State Park and then continue northwest to Peter D's Wyoming RV Park, your suggested home for tonight. You may want to get there quite early for you are only one hour's drive from the Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument. You'll find other relics of the Indian wars near Sheridan, including the Fort Phil Kearny State Historic Site and the Fetterman Battlefield. There's plenty to do at the campground too.
<RV overnight> RV
Day 6 STOP 6
Sheridan to Cody (144 miles - 2 hrs 10 min)
Drive through the Big Horn National Forest to the town of Cody. Try to arrive by lunchtime at the Ponderosa Campground then spend a pleasant afternoon at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center. Before he was 30, Buffalo Bill Cody rode for the Pony Express, scouted for the US Army, hunted buffalo, guided royalty on big game hunting trips, fought in the Civil War and starred on the American stage! The Buffalo Bill Center houses five unique museums including the Buffalo Bill Museum, the world class Whitney Gallery of Western Art, the Plains Indian Museum, Cody Firearms Museum and the Draper Museum of Natural History. Every day in June through August, the best cowboys and cowgirls from across the nation come to Cody to win big money and compete amongst the best. This is a great rodeo to watch, full of fun and excitement and tough competition in bull riding, bareback, calf roping and steer wrestling. Tickets can be purchased at your campground.
<RV overnight> RV
Day 7 STOP 7
Cody to Yellowstone National Park(54 miles - 65 minutes)
It's a memorable drive to the East Entrance of Yellowstone National Park. Established in 1872, this is America's first National Park. You could spend days here and we suggest you look at this and other websites to find out everything there is to see and do. You might drive through the park to the West Yellowstone entrance where just outside you will find the Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park and Cabins. Here you will have full hook ups and can drive into the park at your leisure.
<RV overnight> RV
Day 8 STOP 8
Yellowstone to Virginian RV Resort, Jackson, WY (65 miles - 1 hr. 30 min. plus stopping time)
Shortly after leaving Yellowstone you will enter Grand Teton National Park, drive alongside Jackson Lake with the splendor of the Grand Tetons to your right. Get on the road early because you'll want to stop along the way and also spend time in Jackson Hole before arriving at our suggested campground. The Virginian RV Resort is open May 1st through October 15th, depending on the weather - so this really is a summer trip. You will be close to the National Elk Refuge and the town of Jackson.<RV overnight> RV
Day 9 STOP 9
Jackson to Rock Springs (179 miles - 4 hours)
Drive several miles through Teton National Forest, then across the Wyoming Range past the Great Divide Basin to your left before arriving at Rock Springs. Turn on Route 80 towards Green River and the Rock Springs/Green River KOA which is situated between the 2 towns. Just beyond the campground is the spectacular Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area.
Day 10 STOP 10
Rock Springs to Rawlins (114 miles - 1 hr 50 min)
You'll be heading east back towards Denver, with Rawlins as a rest stop to break what would otherwise be a long journey across Southern Wyoming's 'Red Desert'. Your suggested campground for the night is RV World Campground.
<RV overnight> RV
Day 11 STOP 11
Rawlins to Estes Park (202 miles - 3 hrs 30 min)
Continue driving west and, after about 100 miles, stop at the old western town of Laramie. There are towns, villages, and ranches along the route. Manor RV Park is nearby to Rocky Mountain National Park, a 400 square mile preserve of forests, meadows, tundra and mountains. Take a quick drive through or spend the day exploring the many mountain lakes and ponds. There are elk, deer, big horn sheep, moose and the occasional bald eagle to watch out for, which makes this well worth a visit.
<RV overnight> RV
Day 12 STOP 12
Returning Your Motorhome (104 miles - 2 hours)
Return your motorhome to the Denver RV rental location by 11:00am, filled with petrol.
*** All prices listed are in US Dollars , Subject to change without notice***
- Pre-Paid Nightly Rental Rates:
- At least a 3 night minimum is required for round-trip rentals. At least a 7 night minimum is required for one way
- rentals. Certain Vehicles, Holidays and Special Events may require a longer rental period. Actual minimum rental period is noted on the weekly rate sheet for each season.
- The Nightly Rental Rate includes Unlimited Generator Usage
- Sales Tax:
- Taxes are due on all charges** and vary depending on the pick-up Location.
- Mandatory Charges: Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter
- Starter Kit: $39.95 per Trip
- Full tank of Propane: The Water Heater; Range (Stove) & Oven; Space Heater and the LPG Setting on the
- Refrigerator & Freezer run on LPG (Liquid Propane Gas).
- Prepared Tank with Toilet Chemicals (1 pack) and Tissue (1 roll)
- Electrical Power Cord
- A/C Adaptor
- Dumping and filling hoses
- Leveling blocks
- Drop Fees are due for One-Way Rentals. Limited Availability. If available, there is a one-way drop fee due.
- Contracts are subject to fees imposed by the State Governments, Environmental Impact fees and Vehicle
- License fees (VLF): [** These fees are not subject to sales tax]
- California VLF: $2.00 per night
- Nevada VLF: 3.5% of the nightly rental rate
- Texas VLF: $1.00 per night
- Florida VLF: $0.70 per night
- New Jersey VLF: $0.55 per night
- New Jersey State Rental Fee: $5.00 per night; 28-night maximum charge
- Virginia State Sanitation Fee: $20.00 per vehicle
- Pennsylvania P.T. Assistance. Fee: $2.00 per night
- Colorado Road Safety Program Fee: $2.00 per night
- Bookings will be confirmed and invoiced immediately by fax or e-mail. No duplicate invoices will be sent.
- Please forward the invoices to your accounting department. Statements available on request only.
- Important: FULL PAYMENT is due 30 days PRIOR to departure, unless prior payment arrangements
- have been made.
- Pre-Paid Miles Packages: There are no miles included in the nightly rental rate. Mileage packages provide
- discounted miles that can be purchased before departure. There is no refund for unused mileage pre-purchased as part of a mileage package.
- Packages of 100 Miles are charged at a discounted price – See rate sheet
- Per mile charge for additional miles traveled over pre-purchased allotment varies by unit type between 32 cents per mile and 39 cents per mile.
- Unlimited mileage option is only offered for rentals of 14-nights or longer.
- Housekeeping Options: Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter. Kit items and quantities may vary by location. Items may be substituted without notice. Items are for rent and must be returned to rental locations.
- Convenience Kit: $55 per person
- Linens for Bed & Bath + Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen Kit: $130 per vehicle
- Cooking Ware + Sanitation Supplies
- Important Note:
- Kit items and quantities may vary by location. Items may be substituted without notice.
- Housekeeping kits are offered for rental at the DEN, DFW, LAS, LAX, MCO, MIA, NYC, ORD, PHX,
- SFO, SLC, SND and YVR offices only.
- Pets are allowed to travel in the motorhomes.
- We no longer charge a Pet Fee; but the RV needs to be returned in its original condition.
- Client is responsible for all pet related damage.
- Standard cleaning charges apply if necessary.
- We Must be contacted a minimum of 7 days prior to pick up with pet transfer request. Transfer restrictions may apply due to size of cage and / or luggage capacity of transfer van.
- Insurance and Coverage Options (conditions and exclusions apply): Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter.
- Renter must present proof of automobile insurance applicable to the rental unit.
- Vehicle Incident Protection (VIP) reduces the Deductible to $1,000 Per Occurrence of accidental damage to the rental vehicle. VIP is $16 per night Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter.
- Rental Liability Insurance (RLI) acts as Primary Third Party Liability Insurance up to the required financial responsibility limits. RLI is $13.50 per night Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter. RLI is available for purchase at all rental offices except those located in Colorado, Florida and Maryland.
- Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) is Additional Third Party Liability Insurance up to $1,000,000. SLI is $15.00 per night in all States Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter.
- Mexico Auto Liability Insurance (MALI) is required protection which must be obtained from El Monte RV for the specific dates that the motorhome will be in Mexico. MALI is $22 per calendar date that the motorhome will be in Mexico. Cannot be pre-paid; only Paid at Counter.
- Reservation requests:
- Reservations can be made via fax 626-289-8653, email [email protected], or call us 626-289-8587 for details
- Every effort will be made to answer your requests within 24 hrs. Pacific Standard Time, excluding weekends and holidays.
- One-way and long-term requests may take 48 hours to confirm.
- Upon confirmation a contract number will be issued. Any correspondence on a specific client or booking will require this contract number.
- Reservation requests must contain:
- Customer’s last and first name, home address and e-mail address.
- Pick up and return date.
- Pick up and return station (specify airport code).
- Mileage option being booked.
- Number of persons (important for transfer and personal kit preparation).
- Size and type of motor home.
- What charges will be prepaid.
- Customer hotel.
- Group reservation requests:
- Special group rates are available.
- Requests for group bookings should be made as early as possible.
- A group consists of 5 or more motor homes. The Value Rates are not valid for group bookings of 5 or more vehicles. Please contact us for special group rates.
- Cancellation Fees / Changes / Long Term Discounts
- Over 45 days prior to departure …...………………………… $ 0 (no fee)
- 44 to 16 days prior to departure ……………….…………… $ 350
- 15 to 1 days prior to departure ……………………………… $ 700
- Departure day and No Show …………………………….…. Full Rental *
- One-way rentals…………………………………………….. $ 200 (in addition to applicable fee)
- A clients who declines vehicle at departure is classified as a ‘Departure Day’ and not eligible for any refund.
- Cancellation of Group Reservations: per booking
- Over 90 days prior to departure…………………………………… $ 100
- 31 to 89 days prior to departure…………………………………… $ 200
- 30 days or less prior to departure …………………………..…… $ 500
- Changes to Reservations
- Changes may be charged $50 per change.
- The following changes will result in a re-calculation of Value Rate. The rate will be calculated using the most current Value Rate and compared to the existing Value Rate the higher rate will be use.
- Change of party name
- Change of vehicle size
- Change of departure location
- Change in departure date
- Cancellation and rebooking
- Change in drop-off date
- Change in one-way drop-off location
- Once confirmed, the following changes will not affect the Rental Rate:
- Change in party size
- Adding pre-paid items.
- Miscellaneous Rental Items: Only offered at offices in: Dublin, CA; Ferndale, WA; Las Vegas, NV; Linden, NJ; McKinney, TX; Orlando, FL; Santa Fe Springs, CA. Items available on a first-come-first-served basis only; they cannot be reserved, pre-paid or guaranteed, only requested.
- Toaster ($8 each)
- Coffee Machine ($10 each)
- Folding Chairs ($12 each)
- Snow Chains ($20 each)
- ONE-WAY RENTALS
- One-Way Rentals are on request only - No Free Sale. Prices are in US dollars. One-way fee is determined by where the desired Pickup and Return locations’ row and column intersect. For example, one-way fee from SFO to SLC is $350; from MIA to ORD it is $800.
Motorhome Takeover - Security deposit of $1,000 by Master Card/Eurocard, Visa, American Express or Discover Card is required.