Grand Canyon National Park Tour (Zion, Bryce Canyon, Salt Lake City)
|★||The departure and destination of the itinerary are for reference onl|
|★||Las Vegas to Springdale at the West Entrance to Zion National Park|
|★||Springdale to Bryce Canyon via Zion National Park|
|★||Bryce Canyon to Salt Lake City|
|★||Salt Lake City to Moab with a stop at Arches National Park|
|★||Moab to Monument Valley|
|★||Monument Valley to Wahweap, on Lake Powell|
|★||Wahweap to the Grand Canyon|
|★||Grand Canyon to Seligman|
|★||Seligman to Kingman on Route 66|
|★||Kingman to Las Vegas|
|★||Returning Your Motorhome|
Day 1 Stop 1
Las Vegas to Springdale at the West Entrance to Zion National Park(168 miles - 2 hrs 40 min)
Day 2 Stop 2
Springdale to Bryce Canyon via Zion National Park(90 miles - 2 hours)
You can spend a few hours in Zion before heading off to Bryce Canyon. Just over a mile from Zion Canyon Campground you will come to the main entrance of Zion National Park. Consider buying a National Park Pass here because it will get you into all the parks without paying each time and without further delay. Zion is magnificent with more lush splendour than some of the other parks. Spend time or drive straight through and come out of the east entrance on your road to Bryce Canyon. Overnight on the edge of the Park at the Bryce Canyon Country Store and Campground.
<RV overnight> Bryce Canyon Country Store and Campground.
Day 3 Stop 3
Bryce Canyon to Salt Lake City (258 miles - 4 hours)
Spend a good part of the day at Bryce Canyon to wonder at the rock formations. Go to the Visitors Center and pick up some information. It's quite a long drive to Salt Lake City where there are many things to do in and around the city. Overnight at the Salt Lake City KOA.
<RV overnight> Salt Lake City KOA.
Day 4 Stop 4
Salt Lake City to Moab with a stop at Arches National Park(234 miles - 4 to 5 hrs)
Include a cultural experience that is uniquely Salt Lake City, and add some geneology to your vacation. Visitors will encounter experts at the Family Search Center that will make it easy for beginners to dive in and discover their roots. Set off on the drive to fabulous Arches National Park which contains the world's largest concentration of natural stone arches. It is a red, arid desert, punctuated with oddly eroded sandstone forms such as fins, pinnacles, spires, balanced rocks and arches.
Part 2: 23 miles / 40 minutes from Arches National Park to Moab
Overnight at the KOA in Moab. There is plenty to do in Moab; you may want to stay longer than one night. Look at their website and see how much fun you could have!
Day 5 Stop 5
Moab to Monument Valley (148 miles - 3 hours)
Drive south and cross into Arizona at Mexican Hat. 23 miles later you will arrive at Gouldings Monument Valley RV Park, 6 miles from Monument Valley Tribal Park. It's a good base for other locations in the area, such as Canyon de Chelly National Monument, Hovenweep National Monument, Four Corners National Park Monument, Goosenecks State, Natural Bridges National Monument and Valley of the Gods, to name a few! Gouldings was home to John Wayne during the filming of many classic western films such as Stagecoach and The Searchers. You can sign up for a tour of Monument Valley at the campground office and have an experienced Navajo guide take you through this beautiful area.
<overnight> Gouldings Monument Valley RV Park,
Day 6 Stop 6
Monument Valley to Wahweap, on Lake Powell (135 miles - 2 hrs 20 min)
Loop round to Wahweap admiring the landscape as you drive through native American towns. On the website you can enjoy a virtual tour of this campground, centrally located at Wahweap Marina, about 1/4 mile from the shore of Lake Powell. Wahweap RV & Campground offers plenty of fun with a wide variety of powerboats and water toys from which to choose. Plan to be here by late morning so you can get out on the lake!
<overnight> Wahweap RV & Campground
Day 7 Stop 7
Wahweap to the Grand Canyon (146 miles - 3 hrs 30 min)
On Route 89 south, you may want to make a stop to look at Marble Canyon, named because of the very colorful rocks. Apart from the US 89 road bridge, there is no easily accessible viewpoint - so do look out for the bridge! At Cameron, turn towards Grand Canyon Village where we suggest you stay at the Mather Campground. There are no electric or water hook-ups at this campground, but there are good showers and toilets. Arrive by lunchtime and, if you have booked in advance, take a helicopter trip over the canyon...spectacular! Go to sleep fairly early so as to be up at the crack of dawn for sunrise over the Canyon! Just ask someone in the Village store what time you need to be at the South Rim.
<overnight> Mather Campground
Day 8 Stop 8
Grand Canyon to Seligman (100 miles - 2 hours)
Enjoy the sunrise, take that helicopter trip if you missed it yesterday or take a hike or donkey ride down into the Canyon. You could leave late afternoon and still be hooked up at your next campground in time for dinner. Seligman KOA is situated on one of the very few remaining parts of famous "Route 66".
Day 9 Stop 9
Seligman to Kingman on Route 66 (85 miles - 1 hr 30 min)
Nostalgia is the mood in Seligman, with the town straddling the longest remaining stretch of Historic Route 66. Stop at Delgadillo's Snow Cap for a malt, just as folks did in the 1950's. Days are warm, nights are cool and the stars are crystal clear. There's no light pollution here! Drive Route 66 and think how it was when it was the main highway for all traffic heading west! Arrive in Kingman and the Kingman KOA from where (if you wish) you can visit Lake Havasu (only 45 minutes away) to see the London Bridge. It's a pity; they thought they were buying Tower Bridge!!
Day 10 Stop 10
Kingman to Las Vegas (105 miles - 2 hours)
In 75 miles you will come to the famous Hoover Dam on the Colorado River west of Lake Powell, which contains the water which is dammed. Park at one of the view points to see this amazing spectacle on the border of Arizona and Nevada. You can visit the Museum in Boulder City as you continue through to Las Vegas - 30 miles/half an hour away. When you arrive, we suggest you stay at the Oasis Resort where the Las Vegas Strip is only minutes away. Swiim in one of the resort's two pools, relax in the jacuzzi, ride bikes, play pool or golf, or just relax with family and friends.
<overnight> Oasis Resort
Returning Your Motorhome ( 7 miles - 15 min )
No need to rush because you are very close to your drop off point. You must return by 11:00am to our Las Vegas location with a full tank of petrol.
*** All prices listed are in US Dollars , Subject to change without notice***
- Pre-Paid Nightly Rental Rates:
- At least a 3 night minimum is required for round-trip rentals. At least a 7 night minimum is required for one way
- rentals. Certain Vehicles, Holidays and Special Events may require a longer rental period. Actual minimum rental period is noted on the weekly rate sheet for each season.
- The Nightly Rental Rate includes Unlimited Generator Usage
- Sales Tax:
- Taxes are due on all charges** and vary depending on the pick-up Location.
- Mandatory Charges: Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter
- Starter Kit: $39.95 per Trip
- Full tank of Propane: The Water Heater; Range (Stove) & Oven; Space Heater and the LPG Setting on the
- Refrigerator & Freezer run on LPG (Liquid Propane Gas).
- Prepared Tank with Toilet Chemicals (1 pack) and Tissue (1 roll)
- Electrical Power Cord
- A/C Adaptor
- Dumping and filling hoses
- Leveling blocks
- Drop Fees are due for One-Way Rentals. Limited Availability. If available, there is a one-way drop fee due.
- Contracts are subject to fees imposed by the State Governments, Environmental Impact fees and Vehicle
- License fees (VLF): [** These fees are not subject to sales tax]
- California VLF: $2.00 per night
- Nevada VLF: 3.5% of the nightly rental rate
- Texas VLF: $1.00 per night
- Florida VLF: $0.70 per night
- New Jersey VLF: $0.55 per night
- New Jersey State Rental Fee: $5.00 per night; 28-night maximum charge
- Virginia State Sanitation Fee: $20.00 per vehicle
- Pennsylvania P.T. Assistance. Fee: $2.00 per night
- Colorado Road Safety Program Fee: $2.00 per night
- Bookings will be confirmed and invoiced immediately by fax or e-mail. No duplicate invoices will be sent.
- Please forward the invoices to your accounting department. Statements available on request only.
- Important: FULL PAYMENT is due 30 days PRIOR to departure, unless prior payment arrangements
- have been made.
- Pre-Paid Miles Packages: There are no miles included in the nightly rental rate. Mileage packages provide
- discounted miles that can be purchased before departure. There is no refund for unused mileage pre-purchased as part of a mileage package.
- Packages of 100 Miles are charged at a discounted price – See rate sheet
- Per mile charge for additional miles traveled over pre-purchased allotment varies by unit type between 32 cents per mile and 39 cents per mile.
- Unlimited mileage option is only offered for rentals of 14-nights or longer.
- Housekeeping Options: Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter. Kit items and quantities may vary by location. Items may be substituted without notice. Items are for rent and must be returned to rental locations.
- Convenience Kit: $55 per person
- Linens for Bed & Bath + Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen Kit: $130 per vehicle
- Cooking Ware + Sanitation Supplies
- Important Note:
- Kit items and quantities may vary by location. Items may be substituted without notice.
- Housekeeping kits are offered for rental at the DEN, DFW, LAS, LAX, MCO, MIA, NYC, ORD, PHX,
- SFO, SLC, SND and YVR offices only.
- Pets are allowed to travel in the motorhomes.
- We no longer charge a Pet Fee; but the RV needs to be returned in its original condition.
- Client is responsible for all pet related damage.
- Standard cleaning charges apply if necessary.
- We Must be contacted a minimum of 7 days prior to pick up with pet transfer request. Transfer restrictions may apply due to size of cage and / or luggage capacity of transfer van.
- Insurance and Coverage Options (conditions and exclusions apply): Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter.
- Renter must present proof of automobile insurance applicable to the rental unit.
- Vehicle Incident Protection (VIP) reduces the Deductible to $1,000 Per Occurrence of accidental damage to the rental vehicle. VIP is $16 per night Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter.
- Rental Liability Insurance (RLI) acts as Primary Third Party Liability Insurance up to the required financial responsibility limits. RLI is $13.50 per night Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter. RLI is available for purchase at all rental offices except those located in Colorado, Florida and Maryland.
- Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) is Additional Third Party Liability Insurance up to $1,000,000. SLI is $15.00 per night in all States Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter.
- Mexico Auto Liability Insurance (MALI) is required protection which must be obtained from El Monte RV for the specific dates that the motorhome will be in Mexico. MALI is $22 per calendar date that the motorhome will be in Mexico. Cannot be pre-paid; only Paid at Counter.
- Reservation requests:
- Reservations can be made via fax 626-289-8653, email [email protected], or call us 626-289-8587 for details
- Every effort will be made to answer your requests within 24 hrs. Pacific Standard Time, excluding weekends and holidays.
- One-way and long-term requests may take 48 hours to confirm.
- Upon confirmation a contract number will be issued. Any correspondence on a specific client or booking will require this contract number.
- Reservation requests must contain:
- Customer’s last and first name, home address and e-mail address.
- Pick up and return date.
- Pick up and return station (specify airport code).
- Mileage option being booked.
- Number of persons (important for transfer and personal kit preparation).
- Size and type of motor home.
- What charges will be prepaid.
- Customer hotel.
- Group reservation requests:
- Special group rates are available.
- Requests for group bookings should be made as early as possible.
- A group consists of 5 or more motor homes. The Value Rates are not valid for group bookings of 5 or more vehicles. Please contact us for special group rates.
- Cancellation Fees / Changes / Long Term Discounts
- Over 45 days prior to departure …...………………………… $ 0 (no fee)
- 44 to 16 days prior to departure ……………….…………… $ 350
- 15 to 1 days prior to departure ……………………………… $ 700
- Departure day and No Show …………………………….…. Full Rental *
- One-way rentals…………………………………………….. $ 200 (in addition to applicable fee)
- A clients who declines vehicle at departure is classified as a ‘Departure Day’ and not eligible for any refund.
- Cancellation of Group Reservations: per booking
- Over 90 days prior to departure…………………………………… $ 100
- 31 to 89 days prior to departure…………………………………… $ 200
- 30 days or less prior to departure …………………………..…… $ 500
- Changes to Reservations
- Changes may be charged $50 per change.
- The following changes will result in a re-calculation of Value Rate. The rate will be calculated using the most current Value Rate and compared to the existing Value Rate the higher rate will be use.
- Change of party name
- Change of vehicle size
- Change of departure location
- Change in departure date
- Cancellation and rebooking
- Change in drop-off date
- Change in one-way drop-off location
- Once confirmed, the following changes will not affect the Rental Rate:
- Change in party size
- Adding pre-paid items.
- Miscellaneous Rental Items: Only offered at offices in: Dublin, CA; Ferndale, WA; Las Vegas, NV; Linden, NJ; McKinney, TX; Orlando, FL; Santa Fe Springs, CA. Items available on a first-come-first-served basis only; they cannot be reserved, pre-paid or guaranteed, only requested.
- Toaster ($8 each)
- Coffee Machine ($10 each)
- Folding Chairs ($12 each)
- Snow Chains ($20 each)
- ONE-WAY RENTALS
- One-Way Rentals are on request only - No Free Sale. Prices are in US dollars. One-way fee is determined by where the desired Pickup and Return locations’ row and column intersect. For example, one-way fee from SFO to SLC is $350; from MIA to ORD it is $800.
Motorhome Takeover - Security deposit of $1,000 by Master Card/Eurocard, Visa, American Express or Discover Card is required.