Southern California RV Tour (Palm Desert, Escondido, San Diego)
New Tour, safe and comfortable
|★||Palm Desert, CA|
|★||San Diego, CA|
|★||El Cajon, CA|
|★||Dana Point, CA|
|★||The departure, destination and days of the itinerary are for reference only.|
Day 1 STOP 1
Palm Desert, CA （111 miles - 2 hours）
Your first stop is at Emerald Desert RV Resort located in the geographic center of the Coachella Valley. Stay for a few days. Palm Desert is known for its culinary delights, fantastic weather, world class golf courses & fabulous shopping. Take the kids to The Living Desert, and College of the Desert Street Fair or enjoy the Shields Date Garden and have a delicious Date Shake. Take a day to visit the nearby Cabazon Outlet Mall with 130 OUTLET STORES! Find impressive savings at Coach, Dolce & Gabbana, Giorgio Armani, Gucci, Jimmy Choo, Prada, & more! Take a day trip to Joshua Tree National Park and see a fascinating variety of plants and animals, dark night skies, a rich cultural history and surreal geologic features. Depending on the season, visit Death Valley. Absorb the surreal night sky and the most mesmerizing sunsets. The park is very accessible. You can drive to most of the popular spots with very little hiking/walking involved. Recommendations for the Park: Harmony Borax Works Trail & Mustard Canyon, Dante's View, Telescope Peak, Badwater Basin which is the lowest elevation in the US, 282' below sea level, and Artist's Palette.
<RV overnight> Emerald Desert RV Resort
Day 2 STOP 2
Hemet, CA (55 miles - 1 hour)
Stay at Golden Village Palms RV Resort conveniently located to 17 quality golf courses, wine tasting in Southern California’s Wine Country, hiking, biking, Indian gaming and bass fishing at Diamond Valley Lake, southern California’s largest man made reservoir! Go hot air ballooning over the beautiful lake and plentiful wine country in the Temecula Valley. See the Golden Village Staff for preferred rates, assistance with tee times, tours, wine outings and additional attraction information.
<RV overnight> Golden Village Palms RV Resort
Day 3 STOP 3
Escondido, CA (32 miles - 0.5 hours)
Escondido RV Resort is the perfect central location for those who prefer convenient access to North Country San Diego’s world famous tourist attractions including The San Diego Zoo’s Wild Animal Park, also known as the Safari Park with over 3,000 animals and LEGOLAND which is a 128-acre theme park with 50 interactive rides, shows, water park and attractions using those LEGOs as well as the beautiful beaches of Carlsbad and Oceanside. Shopping, golf and fine dining surround the area. Del Mar is home to the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club and its premier horse-racing track and San Diego County Fair.
<RV overnight> Escondido RV Resort
Day 4 STOP 4
San Diego, CA (14 miles - 30 mins)
Make San Diego RV Resort your base camp for exploring San Diego, America’s Finest City with world famous beaches and best climate all year around. SDRV is steps away from the San Diego Trolley making it the ideal location to navigate surrounding events and attractions pleasantly without a car. Visit Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, Gas lamp Quarter, Balboa Park, USS Midway San Diego Aircraft Carrier Museum at Navy Pier, Seaport Village and Little Italy.
<RV overnight> San Diego RV Resort,
Day 5 STOP 5
El Cajon, CA (80 miles - 1.5 hours)
Head East from San Diego RV and Stop off at Oak Creek RV Resort, surrounded by the Cleveland National Forest. Explore the beautiful lakes, visit the nearby wineries, take a day trip to Julian or to the famous Anza Borrego Desert, or enjoy a day swimming at the resort pool and have a barbeque.
<RV overnight> Oak Creek RV Resort,
Day 6 STOP 6
Dana Point, CA (80 miles - 1.5 hours)
Enjoy the coastal views heading North on Interstate 5. Stop off at Doheny State Beach for a few beach days, biking, fishing and other recreational rentals. Stroll to the marina for breakfast and coffee amongst all the sailboats or enjoy a seaside dinner and delicious fish.
<RV overnight> RV
Day 7 STOP 7
Anaheim, CA (32 miles - 45 mins)
Wrap up your journey at “The Happiest Place on Earth.” Stay at Anaheim Harbor RV Park. The campground has a shuttle leaving every 20 minutes to Disneyland so, once checked in, leave your RV and you're off for a wonderful evening of fun. Stay for the fireworks and savor the memory of your California journey.
<RV overnight> Anaheim Harbor RV Park,
Day 7 STOP 7
Returning Your Motorhome (12 miles - .5 hours)
Head back to El Monte RV in Santa Fe Springs. Check in by 11 AM with your vehicle full of petrol.
*** All prices listed are in US Dollars , Subject to change without notice***
- Pre-Paid Nightly Rental Rates:
- At least a 3 night minimum is required for round-trip rentals. At least a 7 night minimum is required for one way
- rentals. Certain Vehicles, Holidays and Special Events may require a longer rental period. Actual minimum rental period is noted on the weekly rate sheet for each season.
- The Nightly Rental Rate includes Unlimited Generator Usage
- Sales Tax:
- Taxes are due on all charges** and vary depending on the pick-up Location.
- Mandatory Charges: Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter
- Starter Kit: $39.95 per Trip
- Full tank of Propane: The Water Heater; Range (Stove) & Oven; Space Heater and the LPG Setting on the
- Refrigerator & Freezer run on LPG (Liquid Propane Gas).
- Prepared Tank with Toilet Chemicals (1 pack) and Tissue (1 roll)
- Electrical Power Cord
- A/C Adaptor
- Dumping and filling hoses
- Leveling blocks
- Drop Fees are due for One-Way Rentals. Limited Availability. If available, there is a one-way drop fee due.
- Contracts are subject to fees imposed by the State Governments, Environmental Impact fees and Vehicle
- License fees (VLF): [** These fees are not subject to sales tax]
- California VLF: $2.00 per night
- Nevada VLF: 3.5% of the nightly rental rate
- Texas VLF: $1.00 per night
- Florida VLF: $0.70 per night
- New Jersey VLF: $0.55 per night
- New Jersey State Rental Fee: $5.00 per night; 28-night maximum charge
- Virginia State Sanitation Fee: $20.00 per vehicle
- Pennsylvania P.T. Assistance. Fee: $2.00 per night
- Colorado Road Safety Program Fee: $2.00 per night
- Bookings will be confirmed and invoiced immediately by fax or e-mail. No duplicate invoices will be sent.
- Please forward the invoices to your accounting department. Statements available on request only.
- Important: FULL PAYMENT is due 30 days PRIOR to departure, unless prior payment arrangements
- have been made.
- Pre-Paid Miles Packages: There are no miles included in the nightly rental rate. Mileage packages provide
- discounted miles that can be purchased before departure. There is no refund for unused mileage pre-purchased as part of a mileage package.
- Packages of 100 Miles are charged at a discounted price – See rate sheet
- Per mile charge for additional miles traveled over pre-purchased allotment varies by unit type between 32 cents per mile and 39 cents per mile.
- Unlimited mileage option is only offered for rentals of 14-nights or longer.
- Housekeeping Options: Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter. Kit items and quantities may vary by location. Items may be substituted without notice. Items are for rent and must be returned to rental locations.
- Convenience Kit: $55 per person
- Linens for Bed & Bath + Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen Kit: $130 per vehicle
- Cooking Ware + Sanitation Supplies
- Important Note:
- Kit items and quantities may vary by location. Items may be substituted without notice.
- Housekeeping kits are offered for rental at the DEN, DFW, LAS, LAX, MCO, MIA, NYC, ORD, PHX,
- SFO, SLC, SND and YVR offices only.
- Pets are allowed to travel in the motorhomes.
- We no longer charge a Pet Fee; but the RV needs to be returned in its original condition.
- Client is responsible for all pet related damage.
- Standard cleaning charges apply if necessary.
- We Must be contacted a minimum of 7 days prior to pick up with pet transfer request. Transfer restrictions may apply due to size of cage and / or luggage capacity of transfer van.
- Insurance and Coverage Options (conditions and exclusions apply): Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter.
- Renter must present proof of automobile insurance applicable to the rental unit.
- Vehicle Incident Protection (VIP) reduces the Deductible to $1,000 Per Occurrence of accidental damage to the rental vehicle. VIP is $16 per night Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter.
- Rental Liability Insurance (RLI) acts as Primary Third Party Liability Insurance up to the required financial responsibility limits. RLI is $13.50 per night Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter. RLI is available for purchase at all rental offices except those located in Colorado, Florida and Maryland.
- Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) is Additional Third Party Liability Insurance up to $1,000,000. SLI is $15.00 per night in all States Pre-Paid or Paid at Counter.
- Mexico Auto Liability Insurance (MALI) is required protection which must be obtained from El Monte RV for the specific dates that the motorhome will be in Mexico. MALI is $22 per calendar date that the motorhome will be in Mexico. Cannot be pre-paid; only Paid at Counter.
- Reservation requests:
- Reservations can be made via fax 626-289-8653, email [email protected], or call us 626-289-8587 for details
- Every effort will be made to answer your requests within 24 hrs. Pacific Standard Time, excluding weekends and holidays.
- One-way and long-term requests may take 48 hours to confirm.
- Upon confirmation a contract number will be issued. Any correspondence on a specific client or booking will require this contract number.
- Reservation requests must contain:
- Customer’s last and first name, home address and e-mail address.
- Pick up and return date.
- Pick up and return station (specify airport code).
- Mileage option being booked.
- Number of persons (important for transfer and personal kit preparation).
- Size and type of motor home.
- What charges will be prepaid.
- Customer hotel.
- Group reservation requests:
- Special group rates are available.
- Requests for group bookings should be made as early as possible.
- A group consists of 5 or more motor homes. The Value Rates are not valid for group bookings of 5 or more vehicles. Please contact us for special group rates.
- Cancellation Fees / Changes / Long Term Discounts
- Over 45 days prior to departure …...………………………… $ 0 (no fee)
- 44 to 16 days prior to departure ……………….…………… $ 350
- 15 to 1 days prior to departure ……………………………… $ 700
- Departure day and No Show …………………………….…. Full Rental *
- One-way rentals…………………………………………….. $ 200 (in addition to applicable fee)
- A clients who declines vehicle at departure is classified as a ‘Departure Day’ and not eligible for any refund.
- Cancellation of Group Reservations: per booking
- Over 90 days prior to departure…………………………………… $ 100
- 31 to 89 days prior to departure…………………………………… $ 200
- 30 days or less prior to departure …………………………..…… $ 500
- Changes to Reservations
- Changes may be charged $50 per change.
- The following changes will result in a re-calculation of Value Rate. The rate will be calculated using the most current Value Rate and compared to the existing Value Rate the higher rate will be use.
- Change of party name
- Change of vehicle size
- Change of departure location
- Change in departure date
- Cancellation and rebooking
- Change in drop-off date
- Change in one-way drop-off location
- Once confirmed, the following changes will not affect the Rental Rate:
- Change in party size
- Adding pre-paid items.
- Miscellaneous Rental Items: Only offered at offices in: Dublin, CA; Ferndale, WA; Las Vegas, NV; Linden, NJ; McKinney, TX; Orlando, FL; Santa Fe Springs, CA. Items available on a first-come-first-served basis only; they cannot be reserved, pre-paid or guaranteed, only requested.
- Toaster ($8 each)
- Coffee Machine ($10 each)
- Folding Chairs ($12 each)
- Snow Chains ($20 each)
- ONE-WAY RENTALS
- One-Way Rentals are on request only - No Free Sale. Prices are in US dollars. One-way fee is determined by where the desired Pickup and Return locations’ row and column intersect. For example, one-way fee from SFO to SLC is $350; from MIA to ORD it is $800.
Motorhome Takeover - Security deposit of $1,000 by Master Card/Eurocard, Visa, American Express or Discover Card is required.